Fact Or Fiction, Realtor’s Check Before!
Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it to help pay for the ObamaCare bill?
I recently received this from a seasoned real estate agent in a mass mailing, is it fact or fiction. As Realtor’s we have an obligation to pass along creditable information. Have you seen this e-mail, take a look below, what do you think is it fact or fiction?
Subject: Fw: Home Sales Tax-effective Jan. 1, 2013
Say this isn't so!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you forward this to every single person in your address book.
The statement above is misleading,
NO you will not pay $3,800 for each $100,000 of house sold !
YES there is a proposed 3.8% transaction tax BUT it is on profits over the capital gains (investment income) thresholds, this tax will fall on net income of the few high-income.
This is not a “sales tax” but a tax on the profit. For a principal residence, only the amount of profit that is above $250,000 will be taxed for single and $500,000 for a couple.
To read more on this tax I have provide two links below.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
Connecticut Licensed Real Estate Broker
Seller Representative Specialist
Accredited Buyer Representative candidate
LEED AP Homes
DMK Real Estate, Darien, CT.
Cell (203) 228-0646
click on logo to go to website