Recycling Paint ~ Darien, Ct.
As of July 2015 the Darien Transfer Station will now accept household paints that are not needed. This service is for only residents of Darien with valid access stickers and not for any commercial use. Acceptable paint containers must be:
- In non-leaking fully sealed containers.
- In Original container.
- Fully labeled as to contents.
- Maximum 5 gallon capacity per container.
Standard house paints are acceptable, latex and oil base including:
- Interior, exterior, latex, acrylic, water base, alkyd, oil base, enamel.
- Deck and floor paint.
- Primers and sealers.
- Shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, single component urethanes.
- Concrete, masonry and wood waterproofing and sealers.
- Metal coatings rust preventative paints.
- Field and lawn paints.
Unacceptable paints and products are solvents, thinner,spray cans, auto and marine paints, art and craft paints, caulks and glues, anyproduct containing pesticides, roof patch and tar based materials, 2 partcoatings, deck cleaners, road paints, industrial coatings, shop applicationpaints, any gasoline/diesel fuel based items, insecticides, auto fluids. To see complete list click here.
Alternatives to recycling paint that are acceptable are:
- Using the paint to paint an item.
- Let small amounts of paint fully dry in an open can and then dispose solid waste at Waste Transfer Station.
- Use kitty litter or another absorbent clay product, letproduct dry and harden before disposing.
- Use an approved paint hardener to render paint acceptable for disposal.
- Avoid over purchasing paint for projects.
Never dispose of paint down any house drains, sewer and street drains and into the ground.
For more information on Home Trends in Fairfield County, Connecticut contact
Connecticut Licensed Real Estate Broker
Seller Representative Specialist
Accredited Buyer Representative candidate
LEED AP Homes
DMK Real Estate, Darien, CT.
Cell (203) 228-0646
click on logo to go to website