Greening the City of Bridgeport, Ct.
With the help of Mayor Bill Finch the city of Bridgeport, Connecticut is turning over a new leaf with many Green Sustainable projects underway. At the opening remarks of the Green Market Exposition hosted at the Bridgeport City Hall Annex on October 20th, 2011 Mayor Finch outlined the many benefits that the city is enjoying by going green.
From keeping the city clean with b-green public garbage receptacles’ to the new 1,500 Fairchild Wheeler Multi Magnet High School that will be the first new high school to be built in Bridgeport in 50 years. The school is slated to be one of the “greenest” buildings in the region with features such as rooftop rain gardens, solar power, nature trails, living walls, high efficiency mechanical system to achieve the USGBC LEED Silver rating. This project is expected to create over 200 jobs locally. Recycled native soil from the Fairchild Wheeler Multi Magnet High School building site will be used at the at Steelpoint Harbor waterfront development. Steelpointe Harbor is a long term waterfront development partnership between the City of Bridgeport and the developer. When complete the 2.8 million square foot mixed use urban oriented development will contain commercial and office space, hotel and marina area along with 1,000 to 1,500 residential units.
The city this week also just started to replant the dunes near St. Mary’s by the Sea helping to stabilize and re-establish the natural environment along Ash Creek, part of the Bridgeport@Work project. These plantings will create a welcome environment for coastal wildlife as well as making the beach area an accessible and welcoming spot for the residents and visitors of Bridgeport.
Greening Bridgeport is a long term plan starting with the local business and city cooperation. The 3rd annual Green Market Exposition was FREE event with local green businesses showing their benefits along with a full day schedule events and lectures with local green experts.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien.
A resident of Fairfield County for over 40 years with a background in residential construction and property management.
- NAR Green designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut. Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS & Greater Fairfield County, Ct MLS.