Green Performance House Hits Multiple Certifications, Greenwich, Ct.
Green home builders use third party green raters to verify that they achieved the goals of building a proper sustainable home. The three popular green building standards here in Connecticut are:
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED for Homes.
- National Green Building Standard by the National Association of Home Builders.
- Energy Star for Homes by the U.S. Department of Energy.
The Performance House in Old Greenwich decided to go for all three certifications plus a few more and has achieved all that plus a state award. The verification team was done by Stephen Winters and Associates out of Norwalk, Ct.
The Performance House in Old Greenwich, Connecticut has received certifications for:
- Platinum in LEED for Homes.
- Emerald with the National Green Building Standard
- Energy Star Version 3 “HERS Score 20”.
- EPA Indoor AirPlus.
- EPA WaterSence.
- DOE Challenge Home.
- The Home Builders Industry Awards “HOBIs” in Connecticut ~ Best Green Energy Efficient Spec Home.
The Performance House is for sale in Old Greenwich is a new construction state of the art “Green” home with a living area of 3,300 square feet. It consists of 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and 2 half baths with a full unfinished basement.
Some of the green features are:
- PV Solar Panels.
- Air tight Super Insulated Envelope.
- Low Watt ERV system.
- Energy Star LED Lights.
- Electric Car Charger.
- Tankless Hot Water.
- Efficient Hot Water Circulator.
- Online Home Energy Management System.
- WaterSense fixtures.
- Energy Star Appliances.
- Low VOC finishes.
- Cabinetry FSC certified.
- Recycled quartz counter tops.
- Drought Tolerant Landscaping.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the HBA CT Green Homes Council.
- GPRO Construction Management Certified by Urban Green Council, USGBC NY.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
Connecticut Licensed Real Estate Broker
Seller Representative Specialist
Accredited Buyer Representative candidate
LEED AP Homes
DMK Real Estate, Darien, CT.
Cell (203) 228-0646
click on logo to go to website