Checklist to Hiring an Experienced Property Manager ~ Darien, Ct.
When it comes to property management, experience counts. Property managers come from many fields such as experienced real estate investors, building contractors, real estate agents, architects and educational centers and degrees. Many states require property managers to be licensed real estate brokers, license business and/or Community Association Managers which many require a certain amount of classroom hours, passing examinations and continuing education programs. With many states adopting new laws regarding real estate and property management check yearly with your state to see current status on licensing.
Checklist to hiring an Experienced Property Manager.
- Tenant Relations.
- Rent Collection.
- Visit each property quarterly.
- Speak with prospective tenants and show property when necessary.
- Work with Landlord to set rental rates and prepare leases.
- Negotiate, prepare and review lease agreements.
- Interface with Real Estate Agents. Open house, mailings, calls to stay up to date.
- Supervise superintendents, maintenance employees and bookkeepers.
- General maintenance and Emergency Repairs ~ solicit bids and schedule.
- Interface with Insurance Companies when needed.
- Prepare work to be done lists for maintenance employees, superintendents and subcontractors.
- Tenant fit up, construction, improvements and repair projects.
- Knowledge of local building and zoning regulations and permit process.
- Maintenance Contracts ~ solicit and prepare contracts.
- Review all invoices and monthly itemized category reports.
- Knowledge of eviction process.
- Placement of advertisements.
- Currently active and knowledgeable in the rental and real estate market.
- Keep and up-date tenant emergency information book.
DMK Property Management llc currently serving Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and lower Fairfield County, Connecticut. DMK Property Management llc is a locally owned company that can custom tailor their service to fit your individual needs be it a weekend walk through up to a fully maintain estate program. With combined experience in Real Estate Maintenance and Management that spans over 75+ years here in Fairfield County. Our team can provide you the experience and reliability you expect and can trust.