Green Building 101
Energy Conscious Home Show & Forum
March 2nd, 2011
“Green Building” is getting a lot of hype lately, but what exactly is it?
Green is a term used in today’s society to reflect on ways to save energy, resources and live a healthier life in a cleaner environment. It includes such practices as Recycling, Reusing and Reducing. These practices can be used in home building, home renovations, personal habits, lifestyles, land improvement and management. The costs of these green features can range from zero to hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars but over the life cycle of the product you will save money, time, and reduce the effect on the environment.
For Greenwich’s “Energy Conscious Home Show & Forum” here are 12 helpful links on explaining what is sustainable building and some of the programs. CLICK ON LINKS BELOW.
1. The 3 top Green Build Rating Systems for Homes.
2. LEED for Homes ~ what is it Part 1 & Part 2.
3. LEED Platinum Home in New Canaan, Ct.
4. Net Zero Energy Home in New Hartford, Ct.
5. Module homes and Pre-cut homes go Green.
6. Common Sense Green Habits.
7. Green Building courses offered in Connecticut.
8. Controlling storm runoff from your property, Rain gardens a great solution.
9. Composting Do’s & Don’ts.
10. A few more links to articles on Green Building, groups and technology.
11. Connecticut Home Energy Solution (HES) program.
12. Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
13. EPA's RRP Law Regarding Lead Paint in Homes.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Pitt Sotheby's office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.