Flume Gorge at Franconia Notch State Park, New Hampshire.
Flume Gorge part of Franconia Notch State Park, New Hampshire off of I-93 and In the middle of White Mountain National Forest. The Flume was discovered in 1808 and is a natural gorge that is 800 feet long at the base of Mount Liberty. The walls rise up to 70 to 90 feet and are 12 to 20 feet apart.
The hike starts at Flume Visitor’s Center off exit 34c of I-93 and is a two mile loop that is up hill and lots of stairs but very well maintained. The trail starts at the Visitor’s center (current fee $12) to the Flume Gorge. After you go through the gorge up at top follow Ridge Path to Liberty Gorge and the Sentinel Pine Covered Bridge. From here you will follow Willow wood Path that leads back to the Visitor’s Center and completes the 2 mile trail. (Trail map)
The park is carry in carry out and dogs are allowed on trails if on leash or under strict voice command. Dogs are not allowed at the campgrounds, beaches, Flume Gorge and do not leave dogs unattended in cars at parking lots.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County for over 30 years and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.
Connecticut Licensed Real Estate Broker
Seller Representative Specialist
Accredited Buyer Representative candidate
LEED AP Homes
DMK Real Estate, Darien, CT.
Cell (203) 228-0646
click on logo to go to website