Fairfield County, Connecticut Property Tax Mill Rates ~ 2011.
July 1ST, 2011.
The property tax rate is expressed in mills or thousandths of a dollar. A tax rate (mill rate) of 11.74 mills is equivalent to $11.74 of taxes per $1,000 of assessed value. In Connecticut the property assessment is equal to 70% of the fair market value of the property as established by the municipal Assessor. Each town sets its own mill rate; some municipalities have different mill rates for different districts within that town. Assessment dates for property on the Grand List must be assessed by October 1st of the preceding year. So for property taxes due July 1st, 2011 and January 1, 2012 are determined from assessments computed by the town assessor prior to October 1, 2010. Typically the majority of Connecticut towns, real property taxes are payable for the current tax year on July 1st and January 1st, this is the same as the state’s fiscal year. But in some towns payments are made quarterly so check with town hall first.
Home sellers take note that the Connecticut Real Estate Conveyance Tax has increased 0.25% as of July 1st, 2011, click here to read more.
For Fairfield County, Connecticut here are property Mill rates for individual towns. Information provided by the Connecticut Multiple Listing Service, please verify with each town hall.
For a complete list of Connecticut Property Mill Rates go to the Greater Fairfield County Multiple Listing Service, click here.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A resident of Fairfield County for over 40 years with 30 years of work experience throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS & Greater Fairfield County, Ct MLS.
- NAR Green designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut.