Connecticut Real Estate and Green Build Blog.

Greenwich Painting Work Now Requires Forms for Homes Built Before 1978.

Greenwich Painting Work Now Requires Forms for Homes Built Before 1978.

Homes built before 1978 could possibly have lead paint now requires Greenwich town form registrations to be filled out before work is done. This is due to the EPA’s Renovations, Repairs, and Paint Program that is now in full effect… to find out more go to

The law requires all contractors (painters, carpenters, plumbers, electricians) that disturb painted surfaces inside and outside of homes, child care facilities and schools built before 1978 to be certified by the EPA and follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. Individuals employed by the firm must be trained and certified to perform the work.

To find local lead-safe certified renovation contractor in your area visit website




To get the Greenwich fillable RRP Form click on this link



David Popoff
Connecticut Licensed Real Estate Broker
Realtor® Green
Seller Representative Specialist
Accredited Buyer Representative


DMK Real Estate, Darien, CT.
Cell (203) 228-0646




DMK Realty, 06820 





Facebook    Twitter    Linked in





click on logo to go to website







Find David Popoff Ct on Google+
Comment balloon 3 commentsDavid Popoff • June 26 2015 12:05PM


Wow, I guess thats for stripping the old paint and not just painting over it all.  This can really make an inexpensive re-do, expensive.

Posted by Chris and Dick Dovorany, Broker/Associate at Premiere Plus Realty ( Homes for Sale in Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero, Florida) almost 5 years ago

I think it is a good idea to keep people safe from lead paint David. Only an professional should deal with pre 1978.

Posted by Noah Seidenberg, Chicagoland and Suburbs (800) 858-7917 (Coldwell Banker) almost 5 years ago

Ring's End Connecticut offering Lead Paint Classes


Posted by David Popoff, Realtor®,SRS, Green ~ Fairfield County, Ct (DMK Real Estate ) over 4 years ago